Ready to be part of a team tackling infrastructure challenges? Want to take your Mechanical Engineering expertise to the new levels, work on projects that will make an impact on the community? Parsons is now hiring an experienced Mechanical Engineer for large and medium Federal campus facilities.
Parsons’ extensive experience in this field, combined with your engineering knowledge, will propel your career forward with opportunity for advancement. There are leadership opportunities to work on marquee projects as you, and our fast-paced business grows and evolves. We need our engineers to be versatile, enthusiastic to work in a highly flexible, team-oriented environment and who have exceptional communication, analytical and management skills.
This role is primarily to support the design functions on renovations, upgrades and replacement of mechanical equipment and systems. This role will apply mechanical engineering principles, Life-cycle cost analyses, ECC-S and assessment of mechanical systems. The selected candidate needs to be proficient in AutoCAD MEP, engineering specifications, schematics and industry standards. You will direct mechanical CAD designers, and must also personally prepare CAD documents for construction, review drawings, and provide technical input on drawings and specifications suitable for procurement of system demolition and installation.
Candidate will support the U.S. Postal Service Projects and other Federal engineering projects, and possible work with Classified Government Projects.
The successful candidate will be issued directives from project managers and clients, apply mechanical engineering skills to plans and prepare design layouts, details of various equipment and systems, and assist in developing bid and contract documents as needed.
Candidate will be instrumental in designing and producing documents for mechanical systems for simultaneous projects.
This position may also entail preparing schedules, budgets and status reports.
Good communication and willingness to work as part of a team will be key to your success.
· 8+ years of related mechanical engineering oversight experience on commercial and industrial multi-use buildings, warehouse facilities, and campus assessment projects.
· BS in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution.
· Professional Engineer (PE) required, multi-state registration is an objective for this candidate.
· Proficient in reviewing mechanical engineering designs and construction plans to assure they meet applicable codes, monetized budgets, and construction schedules.
· Experience with assessing common building mechanical systems and distribution equipment as well as making recommendations for renovation and capital improvement programs.
· Proficient in use of AutoCAD MEP 2015 or more recent version, AutoCAD REVIT is especially attractive.
· NCEES Record will be required within the first six months after hire.
· LEED Certification is a plus.
· Candidate will be expected to travel among the US eastern states approximately 35% of the time.
· US citizenship is required.
· Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a US federal security clearance.