Mechanical Engineer, Automation - PSG
Project Support Group - Freeport, PA - Full Time
Under minimal supervision, concept, quote, plan and design automation/tooling system projects from concept through site installation by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Lead the conception and quotation phase of projects, including pricing and project planning requirements.
- Project management of assigned projects.
- Be the single point contact for the customer on assigned projects. Possess adequate customer interaction skills.
- Complete mechanical designs of automated tooling systems.
- Act as the lead designer to guide and develop skills of associate members on the design team.
- Generate mechanical drawings to meet project requirements.
- Select commercial components and create Bill of Material.
- Interaction with controls engineering team.
- Vendor Management.
- Lead FAT efforts for projects.
- Coordinate and assist in the installation and maintenance of equipment at customer facilities.
- Assist with the creation of operation manuals.
- Lead collaboration with engineering team to ensure a successful project.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Comply with state and federal law safety regulations in addition to Oberg safety and security procedures.
- Adhere to company policies and state and federal laws and regulations relating to employment, including promoting a workplace free of discrimination and harassment.
- Other related duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit at a desk and travel between departments. The employee is regularly required to work in a standing or sitting position for the majority of the work day and must be able to lift a minimum of 35 pounds with control. The employee must be able to raise arms above shoulders and maintain dexterity for extended periods of time and also use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and be able to stoop or kneel for excessive periods of time. The employee must be able to perform the physical demands of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. The employee must be able to wear personal protective equipment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will regularly have to travel through other departments, occasionally sit at a desk, frequently work around large industrial machinery, and work near moving mechanical parts that create a moderately high noise level.
- Must have a thorough understanding of engineering machine design principles and be able to effectively apply them.
- Must have the ability and interpersonal skills to successfully work as a team member to obtain desired results.
- Must have a high energy level and drive to finish out projects or issues on time, even when faced with obstacles or setbacks.
- Must be able to relate well with direct supervision, take direction and learn from interfaces with management.
- Must be able to lead, coach and grow skills of associate engineers.
- Must be able to communicate through written, verbal, or other means of communication.
- Experience with Excel, Word, MS Office Suite software is required.
- Experience with MS Project software is desired.
- Experience with high precision, progressive carbide stamping dies is desired.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or be able to comply with U.S. export regulations.
- Must be able to wear personal protection equipment, such as earplugs, safety glasses, and safety shoes.
- Must be able to organize work and prioritize tasks.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE / EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Previous experience using SolidWorks CAD is required.
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electromechanical Engineering, or equivalent from an accredited Institution.
- Minimum 10 years' experience in the design of custom automation machine design with integrated precision tooling.
The preceding is presented as a matter of occupational information and guidance only, all such other reasonable tasks, duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary may be included for satisfactory performance.