Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and ensure completeness of the mechanicaldesign details.
- Manage and actively deliver the process of compiling and coordinating plans; mechanical specifications, equipment, systems, and devices; cost estimates; and pay items.
- Develop and review cost estimates. Monitor and compare to client expectations.
- Coordinate and/or review drafting and assembly of plan set.
- Ability to write and edit MasterSpec technical specifications.
- Oversee layout and/or review drawings for a project.
- Assemble competent project communications, including meeting minutes, technical documents and complete reports that require little editing and meet the client expectations.
- Assume responsibility for project design calculation files, assuring adequate independent quality control reviews on that work.
- Check and sign off on mechanicaldesign calculations and plan elements prior to Quality Assurance.
- Develop and oversee task work plans for assigned team members.
- Monitor work plans for adherence to budget and schedule.
- Assume responsibility and ownership of the assigned project components.
- Develop project mechanicaldesign criteria for the assigned project components.
- Demonstrate proficient use of CADD and assure compliance with project CADD standards
- Understand and monitor the overall required scope, schedule and budget for the project deliverables. Identify deficiencies and propose corrective action to problems noted.
- Foster the team environment and promote team communication and assist in identifying and addressing team conflicts.
- Assist in developing estimates of staff hours for contracts.
- Organize technical meetings among design staff to advance project progress.
- Organize and/or direct small to medium size projects in their entirety.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Architectural Engineering or related discipline required
- Minimum 5 years of experience in mechanical system design
- Intern Engineer certificate or PE license highly preferred
- Demonstrated ability/experience with HVAC load calculation software
- Excellent communication and client relation skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment