DESCRIPTION: Design, analyze, and detail mechanical & electromechanical products and systems.
MEI is in need of engineers for various tasks on the PESS contract including:
- Completing mechanical & electromechanical projects throughout entire business process (from conceptualization to delivery), including requirement development, management of supplier quotation, design, structural/thermal analysis, records management, procurement, and assembly procedures.
- Collaborating with the customer to develop design requirements and project schedule.
- Facilitating multiple design reviews during design cycle and ensuring robust design through written structural analysis reports and detailed drawings.
- Confirming system and product capabilities by designing feasibility and testing methods; testing material properties. Verifying system through qualification and acceptance testing to ensure performance requirements.
- Developing design manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for fabricating, building, assembling, and installing components.
- Collaborating closely with fabrication vendors to ensure quality components.
- 3%-5% travel to customer/vendor facilities.
- 5 years experience in Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering Design.
- Proficient in Pro/Engineer (preferably Creo Parametric 2.0 and Creo Simulate)
- Proficient in SolidWorks
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Knowledgeable in fabrication methods & design for fabrication
- Solid communication & presentation skills
- Ability to lead/manage a project from conceptualization thru fabrication
- Strong analytical skills
EDUCATION: BS, MS, or PhD in Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering, or appropriate experience.