Our mechanical engineering jobs allow you to combine your creative design side with your technical engineering skills. You will join a respected, tenured and diverse engineering organization focused on the design of next generation tools for the semiconductor capital equipment industry. Your primary job function will be R&D activities in the semiconductor equipment industry designing and analyzing mechanical systems, equipment and packaging, conducting feasibility studies and testing on new and modified designs.
This job opening is in a development group making new module(s) incorporating the newest layout and control architectures. This is a very cross functional and cross BU oriented design challenge.
- Design and develop hardware from conception through design, testing and release. Mechanical designs must incorporate a system understanding and design approach.
- Design environment and systems are multidisciplinary and include identification and evaluation of concepts for gas/pressure control and distribution, heat transfer, mechanics, vacuum systems, RF/plasma, materials and controls. Includes optimizing designs for service, manufacturability and cost (DFx).
- Rapidly generate design concepts and quotable detail drawings
- Perform Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEAs) and other reliability and quality improvement methods.
- Organize, participate and lead design reviews as well as provide critical feedback on designs of peers in the group.
- Analyze designs developed – may need to use structural analysis (FEAs), thermal analysis and transient gas/pressure analysis.
- Conduct feasibility studies – including generation of success criteria and test plans
- Manage new product development BOMs and serve as interface for Pilot Manufacturing operations
- Mentor junior and new engineers
Desired character traits:
- Creative and Innovative
- Flexible, adaptable
- Risk taker when risk/reward is justified
- Excellent organizational skills
- Embraces the challenges of solving hard design problems
- Team player who can also function independently
- Good problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- System and cross functionally oriented
Semiconductor industry experience is not required but a plus. What is required is a strong design background coupled with solid engineering skills. Bachelor’s degree is required and a Master’s is a plus. You must have a minimum of 6+ years post school industry experience. This is not a job for new graduates. Hands-on experimental experience is valued. Design in a 3D CAD environment with tools such as ProE, NX, Solidworks etc.