Join the Retech team in Ukiah, beautiful Mendocino County. Located 2 hours North of San Francisco. Retech’s rural location offers its employees the best of both worlds: a challenging career with a technologically advanced company, coupled with all the benefits and comforts of a small town in Northern California’s beautiful wine country. Retech is searching for the ideal candidate to join our organization as a Mechanical Designer.
Under the leadership of the Project Engineer or Lead Designer, designs mechanical and/or electromechanical subassemblies of equipment for the metallurgical, specialty metals, hazardous waste treatment, and aerospace industries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Recognizes and documents project and subassembly requirements using the project work order, Project Engineering input, best practices, and documented lessons learned.
- Produces conceptual and detailed mechanical designs to address specific project needs.
- Finalizes each subassembly design considering design requirements, manufacturability, tolerances, cost product standardization, and project requirements.
- Conducts periodic design reviews with engineering, manufacturing, project management, electrical design, or customers.
- May produce detailed drawings using ASME Y14.5 and in-house standards; or may work with detailers to complete drawings.
- Checks all work, and the work, and the work of detailers, and provides final work packages to the Project Engineer for approval.
- Works closely with team members to solve problems that may arise in the shop or in other areas of coordination.
- Responsible for implementation and follow-up of his/her portion of the project after the Project Engineer establishes a course of action to solve a problem.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each critical duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability obligatory. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school plus 5 or more years related experience and/or training.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Ability to communicate clearly regarding technical equipment and parts to customers and co-workers.
Experience using AutoDesk Inventor (or equivalent) for 3D designs, modeling, and drawing creation.
Physical and drug testing required. EOE
Job Type: Full-time
- Ukiah, CA
- Mechanical Design: 1 year