- Current Openings
Tracking Code 3594-872Job Description
STV is a leading, award-winning professional firm offering engineering, architectural, planning, environmental and construction management services. We consistently rank among the country's top 25 firms in education, corrections, highways, bridges, rail and mass transit. Throughout the United States and in Canada, STV’s professional, technical and support personnel offer services to a broad and ever-expanding client base. We provide planning, environmental, design, program and construction management, and specialty services for the transportation, design-build, institutional and commercial building, advanced technology, industrial and defense markets.
For more than 50 years, STV has served the public transportation industry by attending to the needs of our clients and the traveling public. We look at transportation projects from the customer’s point of view. Our responsiveness has earned us the reputation as a leader in transportation systems and facility planning, design and construction management. We draw on years of experience—working for and with agencies—to develop fresh ideas and long-term maintainability. And we follow up with full services from offices across the country. We carefully shape each project from initial planning through final design and system
We currently have an opening in our Oakland, California office for a Mechanical Designer.
- Familiar with the planning, organization, and development of engineering activities for the development of HVAC construction drawing sets for building structures and facilities.
- Responsible for planning and conducting work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adoption of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Also responsible for preparing or modifying specifications, calculations, charts and graphs, and maintaining compliance to applicable codes, and accepted engineering practices.
Requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience. Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering is required, EIT or PE preferred.
- Adept with Autocad, Microstation and Revit.
- Knowledge of Software EnergyPro for Title 24 compliances and Trane Trace for load calculation are required.
- Familiarity with LEED HVAC documentation and energy modeling is a plus.