Orbital Engineering, Inc. is seeking a Mechanical Designer in our Hammond office. Successful candidates will have eight (8)-plus years’ experience in industrial Piping/Mechanical drafting and design.
The Designer has the responsibility and authority to work independently or assist an engineer in the design, drafting, and development of mechanical systems projects for Orbital’s customers using Computer Aided Design (CAD), including 3D modeling, to develop related engineering/manufacturing documentation.
Primary Activities for the position include:
- Preparation of Process Flow and Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams.
- Preparation of General Arrangement and Equipment Location Drawings.
- Preparation of piping orthographic and isometric drawings.
- Interpretation and translation of field notes into electronic drawing deliverables.
- Perform field surveys. Must be able to readily identify mechanical equipment, materials and auxiliaries.
- Working with field scans and point cloud data in a 3D environment.
- Design/Drafting in AutoCAD and/or Bentley MicroStation products.
- Preparation of mechanical lists and bills of material.
- Interface with Senior staff to complete single and multi-discipline projects
- Formal technical report writing activities
- Direct interface and communication with clients, vendors, and 3rd parties
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Eight (8)-plus years’ experience in industrial Piping/Mechanical drafting and design.
- Experience with AutoCAD, Plant 3D, Inventor, SolidWorks, or similar 3D software is highly preferred.
- 4-year degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee may be required to walk, stand, bend and climb ladders. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- A commitment to excellence and hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary, career advancement opportunities, and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, 401(k), and supplemental insurance.
- Orbital Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EEO/AA/M-F-V-D.