• Provide conceptual and detailed design and drawing checking for mechanical parts, components, and subsystems for ground support equipment and flight hardware
• Provides design information to drafting for packaging documentation.
• Provides direction to employees and coordinate activities with a Team Lead or responsible engineer on the Project.
• Will work independently on projects, but also integrate as part of a team of engineers and other designers.
• The designer must be able to work independently on projects, but also integrate as part of a team of engineers and other designers.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field and 5+ years related experience.
• Knowledge of relevant technical and industry standards, i.e. knowledge of materials commonly used for aerospace, and understanding of industry fabrication techniques
• Strong CAD skills; knowledge of Pro-E/CREO, Solidworks
• Experience with spaceflight systems, components, and parts
• Ability to assess complex problems and propose practical solutions
• Direct, relevant experience and familiarization with NASA systems, i.e. CM – TDMS or Windchill, a plus
• Experience with NASA mechanical and mechanism design criteria and standard practice and 5 years of aerospace hardware quality-related experience.
• Must have hands-on hardware workmanship inspectionexperience.
• Experience operating in controlled workspaces due to electrostatic discharge (ESD) sensitive device or cleanroom protocols.
• Demonstrated ability to accurately assess situations and ensure issues are escalated to the level of technical and management personnel.
• Ability to travel up to 25% of the time during some phases of development.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact with individuals at all levels of a variety of organizations.
Job Req: 2822