Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving customers’ toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into three business segments: Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems and Electronic Systems
- Mechanical Designer to support manufacturing. Responsible for the design and development of parts, tooling and fixtures to support various manufacturing processes.
- Create innovative designs by working withinternal Program Groups, Research and Development Teams and other areas of Engineering Operations where products are designed for use in Space, Aerospace and Ground applications.
- Tasked with creating parametric CAD models, detailed drawings, bills of materials, drawing release, part inspection, implementation and verification of product performance.
- Will work closely with the internal machinists and external suppliers on design for manufacturability.
- Will consider the availability of materials and equipment, interchangeability, strength-weight efficiency, contractual specification requirements and cost.
- Will gain experience using multiple manufacturing processes including chemical metal finishing, CNC machining, sheet metal fabrication, welding, EDM and various Additive Manufacturing technologies.
- 6+ years with Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- 5 years' experience creating drawings and design models; coordinating procurement of tools and hardware; coordinating or performing hardware installation, tooling assembly, fit checks, and verification; creating and checking drawings, engineering change orders (ECOs), and verifying completeness/compliance; using product data management software and working with configuration management to release drawings and other documentation.
- 5 years' experience and knowledge of Industry and Military standard drafting standards and practices, specifically ASME Y14.5-2009 and ASME Y14.100, as well as strong GD&T knowledge and application of IAW ASME Y14.5-2009.
- 5 years' experience using CAD software and releasing drawings, specifically in PTC Creo (Pro-E Wildfire 3 or higher)
- Previous experience working in a mechanical shop (machine shop, sheet metal shop, plating shop, weld shop, or paint shop) is strongly preferred.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of mechanical shop operation and technology including machining, sheet metal fabrication, welding, plating processes, and painting is strongly preferred.
- Experience with AutoCAD is preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Design for Manufacturability and Assembly (DFM/DFMA).
- Experience designing/working with various materials such as aluminum, steels, stainless steels, plastics, composites, and other exotic materials.
- Basic knowledge of standard fasteners and other COTS hardware including a working pool of resources for finding them.
Job Code: SIS20171210-21362