We are looking for Mechanical Designer for our client in Davenport, IA
Job Title: Mechanical Designer
Job Location: Davenport, IA
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- Provide materials and process expertise to the design, development and delivery of new products, processes, and technologies.
- Research, analyze, and create material or process specifications for various metallic, non-metallic, and composite materials.
- Oversee the product over its entire lifecycle, including development of requirements, testing of materials and components.
- Participate in an Integrated Product Team (IPT) and contribute to the performance of the IPT to ensure that expectations are met or exceeded.
- Employ the appropriate materials engineering processes, practices and tools to ensure that responsibilities are completed to meet the required project requirements and quality.
- Support Procurement, Quality, Testing and Manufacturing throughout the life of a product.
- Support Supply Chain when materials or processes become obsolete.
- Review engineering drawings and processes to ensure a quality product. Perform failure analysis
- Ensure compliance of programs with customer, government, or internal requirements and write SDRL reports.
- Develop hazardous materials plans and hazardous materials reports.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Materials, Metallurgical Engineering, Materials Science, or equivalent from an ABET accredited program
- 4 or more years of experience with Materials and Processes Engineering
- Experience with Root Cause Corrective Action
- Experience writing Test Plans, Reports, Specifications, Standards, and Procedures
- Experience with TipQA, Windchill/Swiftchill, and IHS Workbench
- Experience with Technology Readiness Level assessments for research programs
- Experience with Product Life Cycle Processes and phase/design review milestones (TBR, SRR, SDR, PDR, CDR, TRR, PRR