ABB, product group Capacitors and Filter located in Quebec City, is looking for an experienced mechanical designer to join its team. We are looking for someone who has interpersonal skills, team worker and an ability to focus on complex designs under pressure. Our new mechanical designer will provide support to a well establish team and will have to work on development products both in 2D and 3D. Our products are custom based on customer requirement and are unique including multiple components that have to be part of the overall design.
The person will have to work closely with our product engineers, project managers and operations staff in order to deliver mechanical design in a timely manner, with high quality deliverable and most importantly as per our customer expectations.
• College degree in mechanical design or university degree in mechanical engineering
• SAP knowledge and experience
• Autonomous AutoCAD and Pro-E knowledge
• 2D and 3D design experience (5+ years)
• Comfortable with Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience in medium voltage equipment design including metal enclosures is considered an asset
• Team worker
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Ability to read, understand and communicate in both French and English
ABB is an Employment Equity Employer and values a diverse workforce. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. In support of our Employment Equity Program, women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply and self-identify in the application process. We also offer a stimulating work environment, competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
ABB is prepared to act on requests for disability accommodations that might be required to allow any disabled person to access our facility. Please advise us if any attending person requires/requests some specific form of disability accommodation.