The Hardware Design - Simulation Modules department is responsible for providing hardware solutions for all of CAE's training devices. Our multidisciplinary team, trained and dedicated to its task, has a vast know-how in many sectors such as mechanical engineering, electrical engineering and electronic engineering.
Our main mission is to design, configure and manage the development of cost-effective hardware solutions that meet customer requirements.
- Supervise a mechanical design team.
- Responsible for the review (review) of the technical drawings of the team.
- Supervises the progress of the mechanical design within the team and communicates it to the manager of the overall execution of the projects.
- Responsible for providing high level technical directions to mechanical designers.
- Performs the cutting of mechanical tasks by project at high level.
- Contribute to Preliminary Design Reviews (PDRs), Detailed Design Reviews (CDRs) with our clients.
- Contribute to design activities between different engineering groups and manufacturing.
- Contribute to the analysis of drawings, specifications and requirements of both internal and external customers.
- Find technical solutions to meet project requirements.
- Support the manufacturing team.
- Act as a trainer for less experienced colleagues.
- Lead and contribute to continuous improvement activities.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years
- Several years of experience working at CAE or in the field of aeronautical simulation, an asset.
- Excellent team spirit and good communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage time effectively and perform multiple tasks at a time.
- Ability to manage priorities in a context of multiple and complex deliveries.
- Mastery of mechanical engineering concepts
- Mastery of CAD systems and word processing software and spreadsheets.
- Mastery of PLM systems.
- Proficiency in managing large assembly, drawing, sheet metal and surface design.
- Experience with Creo 2 an asset
- Mastery of Solidworks or Catia
- Bilingualism (French and English) is essential.
- Capable of obtaining NATO and ITAR accreditation