As pioneers and global leader, Hiab is ambitious to write forward our success story, inspiring and shaping our industry. The world in which we operate with our class-leading products, intelligent services and innovative digital solutions is constantly changing.
Join Hiab's journey - to inspire and shape the future of intelligent load handling
As part of the Business Development management team, the successful applicant will lead a team of Mechanical Designers, developing an industry leading engineering division, providing a quality product, troubleshooting field problems, whilst interfacing with Operations, Service and Sales.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Maximize department procedure efficiencies and task administration.
- Oversight of engineering design service and interfacing with all departments.
- Collaborate with a wide variety of functional areas such as sales, service, marketing, manufacturing, and operations to develop and provide a relevant product and a responsive service.
- Initiate and support the quality approach of design and innovation.
- Know, understand and comply with Hiab USA, Inc. Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Collect and analyze department information for review and business development.
- Assist with market research to identify and track market trends in industry.
- Participate in overall business development strategy for new products.
- Investigate alternate methods of material requirements.
- Assist the Sales and Install Department in preparation of technical literature.
- Administer engineering design and Company operating procedures.
- Investigate field problems for necessity of design changes and or field conversions.
- Analysis of field failure.
- Develop and maintain design records and manufacturing drawings per procedures.
- Understand and comply with all Safety and Environmental requirements.
- Perform all other duties as required within the physical constraints of the job.
What you'll need to succeed:
Minimum: Bachelor's Degree in industrial design or engineering technology.
Minimum: 3 years in similar management field.
Competence and skills:
- Good knowledge of On Road Loading Handling and Trucking industry product function and application
- Proven ability to lead a team.
- Excellent management organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to effectively report activities.
- Ability to make decisions independently.
- Computer literate/knowledge of Auto-Cad, TrailerWin, 3D-CAD Software.
- Computer literate/knowledge of Google office software and Microsoft Office software
- Ability to work well with others.