Mechanical Design Engineer - Solidworks
- The positions are in medical device development, on-site with the Surgical IOL Product Development group.
- The product focus is on intraocular lenses along with their associated packaging as well as the instrumentation used in their implantation (as a part of cataract surgery).
- The candidates will work under the direction of a Surgical IOL Manager and will be responsible for supporting various projects with documentation and technical writing.
- On the job and informal training in the FTW Design Control system will be the immediate focus which will be conducted via SOPs and meeting attendance as a member of cross-functional project teams.
- Subsequent and near-term contributions to the projects will include writing of design verification related documents, rationales, justifications, and assessments, all of which will have a completion target which supports a project schedule.
- Longer term goals will be to have a larger contribution to product development, design, and test data generation and analysis after learning about various products in-progress, and building relationships with Subject Matter Experts.
- This longer term goal will not be time bound, and may not be specific to a given project
? Preference is for a senior engineer with at least 5years experience at that level in the medical device industry, with same minimum experience in compliance to global industry regulations.
? The specific engineering discipline could be mechanical, biomechanical, chemical, electrical, or a combination of these.
? Excellent written and oral English communication and interpersonal skills are expected for complete, efficient, and timely communications with fellow team members and Alcon management.
? Proficiency with MicroSoft Office Word, Excel, and Power Point applications is required, with any experience in Sharepoint and PTC Windchill a plus.
? Candidates experienced in design, development, and/or testing of Class II or III surgical, orthopedic, implantable prosthetic, medical devices within an regimented quality system would be given specific consideration.
Medical Device Product Design, Development, Manufacturing transfer, Testing, Documentation, Quality ; Mechanical Engineer, Solidworks ; ProE
- Working knowledge of project management methodologies
- Demonstrated initiative; results oriented; willingness and ability to institute change
- Process orientation and strong interest in continuous improvement
- Ability to communicate effectively in multi-discipline environment, and cross cultures and level of organization
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills; including experience in writing and presentation skills