The Sanmina Fremont facility is a full-service enclosure systems solution manufacturing plant. Located in California's Silicon Valley, this facility produces low-to-mid volume New Product Introduction (NPI) runs to full-scale volume. The Fremont facility offers everything from small piece parts to fully integrated and tested systems. In addition, this location offers in-house painting capabilities and flexible logistics solutions in distribution, inventory management and hubbing, as well as repair services
The Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer is responsible for mechanical design and development of electro-mechanical products. The scope of responsibilities include complete product development cycle from concept to prototype (NPI) and release to production. In addition, responsibilities may include Design for Manufacturing (DFM) and Value Engineering support for existing products designed by customers and manufactured by Sanmina. He/she will work on a range of products in industrial, semiconductor, renewable energy, telecom, networking, high-end computing and storage servers, medical, and multimedia markets. The successful candidate shall be self motivated, proactive, and have good communication skills. Strong customer communication and interaction skills is a must
- Lead mechanical design activities on assigned projects and may require leading a design team
- Understand the required scope of work, estimate efforts needed, and support preparing proposals
- Strong collaboration skills with other internal and external team members such as industrial, manufacturing, electrical, structural, thermal, acoustic and system engineering,
- Perform VAVE (Value Analysis Value Engineering) to cost down current designs and improve manufacturability without compromising functional design intent.
- Work with the manufacturing lead on assigned projects to make sure DFM is an integral part of the design.
- Deliver complete and accurate designs, documentation and BOMs for fabrication, assembly and installation that meet project requirements and complies with applicable US and international codes and standards.
- Responsible for the quality of design and documentation for all team members supporting your project
- Provide technical guidance to internal manufacturing teams in releasing new products to Manufacturing.Interface with supply chain in taking cost out of existing designs by recommending alternate sources or manufacturing processes without compromising customer design intent.
- Review engineering changes and determine cost (design man-hours) to implement approved changes.
- Travel to Sanmina Manufacturing or customer sites when require
- Bachelor's Degree in mechanical engineering (BSME).
- Minimum 5 years of relevant electro-mechanical product design and development, or manufacturing engineering experience.
- Experience designing lockers, kiosks, cabinet design.
- Experience in surface design for sheet metal, complex-shaped plastic and die-cast parts is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills to develop and maintain proactive customer interaction.
- Excellent CREO and Solidworks skills
- Experienced user of PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Project too