Mechanical Design Engineer (Refrigeration)
We are looking for Mechanical Design Engineer (Refrigeration) for our client in Fayetteville, AR
Job Title: Mechanical Design Engineer (Refrigeration)
Job Location: Fayetteville, AR
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- This position is a corporate offsite position, sitting at the corporate extension office located in Fayetteville, Arkansas.
- Refrigeration position shall ensure all engineering projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with organization's established policies and objectives.
- Review preliminary designs and layouts and all completed projects from the group before release for bidding or construction.
- Provide ammonia refrigeration design engineering for new projects, evaluate existing ammonia refrigeration systems, and make or recommend changes or additions when necessary.
- The engineer shall maintain working knowledge of applicable ammonia refrigeration codes that pertain to development of projects and provide support for engineering construction projects.
- Assist in development of client specifications and standard guidelines for design implementation of all refrigeration projects; prepare and review estimates for design and construction and project budget & schedules; coordinate project design work including planning and design with other departments.
- Act as the company's representative when an outside engineering firm is performing refrigeration design work for their discipline.
- The engineer will prepare and/or supervise the preparation of complete ammonia refrigeration specifications necessary for bidding and construction purposes when the projects are managed within the group and shall analyze construction bids to recommend the successful bidder.
- Maintain current project knowledge concerning budget, schedule, and all pressing issues.
- Assumes responsibility for project cost management; communicate & interact with customers, colleagues, vendors, division leaders, and upper management in a professional and constructive manner in all circumstances.
- Must be capable of working on multi-faceted ammonia refrigeration projects of any magnitude while requiring limited supervision; demonstrated repeated ability to complete complex refrigeration projects on time and on budget; will have familiarity with a variety of project management and engineering discipline concepts, practices, and procedures.
- 25% to 50%
- B.S. in Engineering or equivalent engineering experience.
- Experience: 3 to 5 years' applicable engineering experiencerequired, USDA food processing experiencepreferred.