Pentair plc (NYSE: PNR) is a global company dedicated to building a safer, more sustainable world. Pentair delivers industry leading products, services and solutions that help people make the best use of the resources they rely on most. Its technology moves the world forward by ensuring that water is plentiful, useful and pure, and that critical equipment and those near it are protected. With 2016 revenues of $4.9 billion, Pentair employs approximately 19,000 people worldwide.
Business Unit Overview
A global water leader focused on smart, sustainable water and fluid processing applications. It designs, manufactures and delivers innovative solutions to residential, commercial and industrial customers who place a premium on high quality water and fluids. Strategic business units include Aquatic and Environmental Systems, Water Filtration, Water Technologies, Process Technologies, and Fluid Motion. Pentair's Water segment generated approximately $2.8 billion in sales in 2016.
Pentair is currently seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer to join and be part of our New Product Development Team (NPD). In this role, the Mechanical Design Engineer will have the opportunity to be on the ground level of a wide range of product development activities; from design and development, to prototyping and testing, to working with a cross-functional team in order to drive an idea from concept to production. We are customer centric and are developing new innovative products that require an enthusiastic and dedicated teammate to help us realize our strategic initiatives. If you are passionate about product development, we want you on our team! Interested candidates, who meet the requirements below, are encouraged to apply today!
While this position will start at our facility in Sanford, NC, the Pentair team is expanding. Due to our growth we are commissioning a new state of the art facility. Situated in the Apex Pinnacle Business Park, this new facility will house a total of 50,000sqft combined office and lab space. The Innovation Center will serve a global role in the Pentair product development strategy and mission; enabling our team to design, prototype, & test products in all stages of the development process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs technically advanced products while thriving in a creative, high volume, working environment.
- Actively supports NPD projects from concept to post release with strong sense of urgency and action.
- Designs and develops prototypes with scopes ranging from specific concepts to comprehensive, functional products.
- Utilizes intellect and best engineering practices throughout Pentair’s product development process (stage-gate).
- Owns essential design aspects such as specifications, 3D modeling, Finite Element Analysis, and CFD.
- Performs critical testing & analysis directly related to stress, flow, fatigue, tolerance, and reliability.
- Executes design validation process through prototyping, field & lab testing, fixture design and design-of-experiments.
- Oversees pilot builds and initial production runs of newly designed Pentair products.
- Leads and facilitates cross-functional meetings and design reviews with peers and other talented engineering groups.
- Completes clean sheet detailed design and analysis of engineering concepts and related components.
- Collaborates with other Pentair Global Design & Manufacturing Centers as well as strategic suppliers.
- Creates and sustains pre-release drawing packages and product specifications with accuracy.
Job Requirements & Skills
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- B.S. / M.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- 10+ years of mechanicaldesignexperience in a high volume production, product development environment.
- Experience with plastic materials and plastic part design.
- Demonstrated ability to move design changes from concept to shop floor.
- Working knowledge of CAD design and simulation tools (SolidWorks preferred).
- Working knowledge of machining, tolerances, fits & finishes, and GD&T.
- Familiar with PPAP’s, DVP&R’s, DFMEA’s and PFMEA’s.
- Hands-on prototyping and testing abilities.
- Regulatory agency experience (UL, CE, NSF) preferred.
Willingness and flexibility for domestic and international travel.
Pentair is an Equal Opportunity Employer.