Currently looking for a Machine Designer to fill a direct hire position in the Grand Rapids, MI area. The successful candidate will have at least one year of machine design experience, preferably using Solidworks. Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Responsibilities of the Machine Designer / Mechanical Engineer
- Create and design special machines utilizing engineering principles, knowledge and related experience.
- Design and detail new automation machines, fixtures, gages, assembly and process equipment.
- Size mechanical equipment such as pumps, gears, bearings, hydraulics and piping.
- Work with in a team of other experienced mechanical design engineers
- Create and review bid specifications, detailed drawings and bill of materials.
Desired requirements of the Machine Designer / Mechanical Engineer
- Minimum of one year of machine design experience, preferably automation, process equipment or material handling.
- Solidworks software experience, but Inventor, Pro-E or any 3D software experience will be considered
- Knowledge of Robotics, Servos, vision systems and PLC's is desired
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Technical ability, team oriented and attention to detail
- Must be a US Citizen or have a Green Card