ob Description: Millennium Engineering is seeking a MechanicalDesign Engineerresponsible for the generation and maintenance of complex 3D CAD models, detailed drawings andotherdesign documentation. Develop complete layout and engineering drawings of complicated components and subassemblies for complex structural load lines. Prepare and release complex piece part, assembly, and interface drawings and models in PDMS and Teamcenter Engineering. Resolvedesignissues including strength/weight efficiency, availability of materials and ease of fabrication.
- Extensive CAD applications using Unigraphics NX 11 and Teamcenter Engineering tools in a concurrent modeling environment.
- Engineering drawing design documentation for form, fit, and function using ASME Y14.100 and ASME Y14.5.
- Extensive design optimization for complex mechanicaldesigns.
- Extensive understanding and wide application of advanced principles, theories, concepts and techniques in performing detail configuration trades for design optimization.
- Extensive knowledge and application of industry practices and standards in detailed and assembly drawing release and model control of a major subsystem element.
- Senior Mechanical Engineering Designer with a minimum of 20years’ experience.
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Employee must be a U.S. Citizen and is required to possess and maintain a Top Secret (TS) security clearance based upon Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) within 5 year scope and be able to be approved for Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) access.