Mechanical Design Engineer
Our client, an established start-up in product development for the natural products market seeks an experienced mechanical designer w/ HVAC experience.
Position Title: Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: Southern California
- This is a full time regular/direct position with an LA based product development company.
- Competitive compensation and benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision.
The Mechanical Engineer will work with a multi-disciplinary team of engineers in the areas of project engineering, design and analysis. You will work in a fast-paced team that develops technical solutions for emerging problems in our existing products as well as new product development. You will work in a vertically integrated design team where you will be responsible for bringing a concept to reality from start to in service. Including design, manufacturing, to in-service performance metrics and review.
- Develops innovative solutions based on internal or external customer specification requirements.
- Reviews complex systems and product components to ensure compliance to environmental qualification criteria, performance and regulatory requirements.
- Applies engineering analysis and/or testing methodologies to existing designs to determine their compatibility with project requirements, and provide fixes and solutions where necessary.
- Generates design analysis, stress reports and test reports
- Review and analyze new designs and provide feedback to the design team for improvements and modifications.
- When required, communicates with management to identify potential solutions that can be provided to existing problems and the business opportunities therein.
- General familiarity with cost reduction methodologies such as design-to-cost and design-to-manufacture.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering with 2-3+ years of relevant work experience
- HVAC experience
- Experience with basic plumbing and high-pressure system design
- Experience with Solidworks
- Experience with manufacturing drafting and GD&T
- Experience with data collection, analysis, and management
- Experience creating models and drawings of products
- Hands-on experience
- Portfolio available for review
- Stable record of direct employment
- MSdegree in applicable engineering subject.
- Start-up experience
- Experience in the cannabis or pharmaceutical space.
- Experience researching new materials and methods of development.
- PDM, CAD, BOM.
- Experience with process piping systems design, process equipment layout design.
- Manufacturing and assembly drawings.
- Non-local candidates can be considered
- Not available for Corp-to-Corp, no third parties please