Mechanical Design Engineer - Jamestown, NY
We have an immediate need for a full time Mechanical Design Engineer at the Jamestown location. Responsibilities include:
- Review and utilize engineering file prepared by sales and proposal.
- Review customer?s specifications and use as a design tool.
- Interact and communicate with customers as project dictates.
- Requisition all necessary purchased & stock material for machines through purchasing within proposed budget constraints.
- Support R&D initiatives.
- Design machines utilizing AutoCAD and/or Solid works while following prototype and drawing standards.
- Prepare customer approval drawings.
- Prepare electrical and maintenance manual line up forms.
- Assist manufacturing personnel as needed to ensure smooth build of machinery.
- Work with purchasing to expedite materials when needed.
- Perform an ?In House? engineering run off, debug and resolve any problems before customer run-off.
- Notify sales of upcoming customer machine runoffs.
- Follow up on items that may need to be addressed before machine ships.
- Prepare and distribute all project related documentation and correspondence.
- Responsible to support job in the field during the start-up and through the warranty period.
- Manage the Reliability and Maintainability issues for assigned jobs to meet Quality requirements.
- Responsible to work within or below material and labor budgets
- Asist in the training of new engineering employees.
Qualified candidate must have: Bachelor?s degree in Engineering, prefer 2 to 3 years? experience in related field. Must have basic knowledge of computers, engineering concepts, and project management with extensive experience with AutoCAD and/or Solidworks. Project management experience. Microsoft products knowledge.