CHA Consulting, Inc. is a highly diversified, full-service engineering and construction management firm working to responsibly improve the world we live in. With decades of experience, CHA brings together the talent, technology, and partnerships to meet our clients’ evolving needs. Located throughout the United States and Canada, we provide a wide range of planning and design services to public, private and institutional clients.
CHA Consulting, Inc. is currently seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer IV (Energy) tojoin our Albany, NY, or Rochester, NY, or Syracuse, NY office.
The Engineer will work in CHA’s Industry & Energy Mechanical Technical Group and willbe responsible for completing design packages which typically include specifications, flow diagrams / P&IDs, layout drawings, among other aspects, as needed. The Engineer willalso be required to perform construction administration tasks such as submittal review, bidsupport, punch lists, commissioning support, etc.
Occasionally, the position may require supporting efforts with energy auditing, retro-commissioning, or commissioning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads development of HVAC and Plumbing System Construction Documents (drawings and specifications) for a variety of commercial, institutional and industrial clients.
- Oversees work of junior level engineering as needed on a project basis.
- Generates reports recommending mechanical systems.
- Represents CHA at client meetings.
- Participates in project review meetings.
- Develops and adjust project approach and direct detailed phases of a project.
- Selects systems and equipment.
- Completes and check reports and calculations.
- Allocates billable time to projects within market; will be responsible for meeting a utilization goal by performing work on billable projects.
- Coordinates with other engineering disciplines.
- Completes field assignments, when required.
- Demonstrates a strong knowledge of company’s technical processes.
- Other related duties, as assigned.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering is required.
- PE License required.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 5 years minimum of mechanical engineering design experience required.
- Experience with design of HVAC and Plumbing systems is required.
- AutoCAD experience is required.
- Strong knowledge of HVAC and plumbing codes is required.
- Technically astute to manage the activity within the discipline.
- Strong ability to resolve matters that arise within the discipline.
- Strong experience with project budgeting.
- Must have experience using MS Office.
- Good oral and written communication skills required.
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills required.
- Strong ability to work in a team environment.
- Must have valid US driver’s license
- Trane Trace experience is a plus.
- Revit experience preferred.
- Must be able to walk throughout large facilities that may require PPE such as steel toe shoes, hard hat, eye and ear protection and/or respirator.
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs to access roof or other locations.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must have reliable transportation. Travel by car within 300 miles of office can be expected occasionally. Travel by plane can be expected occasionally.