Mechanical Design Engineer
8 - 10 years experience •
Reports to the Global Director R&D and Engineering. This role creates detail, assembly, and layout drawings for heavy industrial and mining equipment and systems. Designs new equipment for product development. THE POSITION REQUIRES A PROFESSIONAL ENGINEERING LICENSE AS THEY WILL BE REQUIRED TO STAMP DRAWINGS.
This company is known for their size reduction and classification equipment, thermal processing equipment, and material handling equipment. They have a long history of providing solutions for heat transfer applications in the chemical, petrochemical, ceramic, magnetic, metals, food, and fertilizer, plastic and industrial solid waste industry worldwide.
Main tasks, responsibilities and KPI's.
- Participates in new equipment and technologies development;
- Performs FEA’s;
- Calculates and analyzes forces, loads, and vibrations acting on mechanical components and equipment;
- Verifies design criteria and makes any and all necessary modifications;
- Creates the bill of materials (product structures) for a given contract;
- Creates the detail and assembly drawings for each assembly of the product being designed in Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD;
- Checks drawings for design, symbol, and dimensional integrity;
- Interfaces with fabrication facilities during the course of a contract to ensure complete understanding of design;
- Tracks and manages progress of product design based on contract deadlines;
- Requests quotations for outside purchased items;
- Receives and verifies vendor approval and certified drawings;
- Collaborates with Applications Engineers to ensure design integrity and feasibility;
- Writes product or equipment specifications;
- Creates product standards in Autodesk Inventor;
- Uses Autodesk Vault for Engineering Documentation and Processes;
Periodically travels internationally and domestically visiting clients, vendors and other business units.
Profile and Qualifications:
B.S. in Mechanical Engineering
Licensed Professional Engineer
M.S. in Mechanical Engineering
Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in mechanical design, analytical problem solving, and manufacturing of heavy machinery.Mandatory
- Proficient in mechanical design and materials;
- Proficient in AutoCAD;
- Proficient in Autodesk Inventor;
- Proficient in Microsoft applications;
Heat transfer thermodynamics, mass flow calculations, and structural design would be helpful.