Tesla Motors is committed to hiring and developing the top engineers in any given discipline. Our world-class engineering teams operate with a non-conventional automotive product development philosophy of high inter-disciplinary collaboration, flat organizational structure and technical contribution at all levels. You will be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create and to innovate. These jobs are not for everyone. You must have a genuine passion for engineering the best electric vehicles in the world. You must want to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial company. We are building real products. This must excite you. You must be a builder. You’ll work alongside accomplished, world-renowned engineers on perhaps the most exciting automotive programs in existence today. Mechanical engineering within the Battery Module Team requires strong engineering skills, a passion to push the boundaries of technology and the drive to make your designs successful. The Battery Team collaborates closely with other departments, requiring a team player mentality. Our team requires each individual to be self-motivated and disciplined.
· Develop the core technology of Tesla Motors, make design improvements to Model S and X vehicles, and push our technology further for the next generation vehicles.
· Use CAD to develop new concepts.
· Develop and fabricate functional prototypes and test methods to vet out new concepts.
· Collaborate closely with suppliers to develop parts.
· Complete design cycles from concepts to fully validated production designs.
· Demonstrated successful experience in mechanicalengineering from concept through production release with a focus on DFM.
· A detail oriented personality with solid documentation and reporting skills.
· Proficient in CAD modeling, CATIA v5experience a plus but not mandatory.
· Experience with various manufacturing processes such as plastic injection molding, metal stamping, thermoforming, welding/brazing, plating, heat treating, bonding, and direct machine shop skills a plus.
· Test experience, including knowledge of sensors, DACs, data collection and data analysis.
· New grad to 5years mechanicalengineeringexperience.
· BS in Mechanical Engineering. MS beneficial but not required.
· Experience with student formula vehicle competition beneficial.