BHI is currently recruiting for a Mechanical Design Engineer for an opportunity in Surry, VA. Travel may be required to Corporate offices in Richmond for meetings but primary location will be on site.
Responsible for preparing (or directing others in the preparation of) criteria, computations/analyses, specifications, cost estimates, and technical reports in a specific area of design expertise of the quantity, quality, and overall adequacy of results and conclusions drawn from an accomplishment of engineering tasks for the design of electrical and mechanical systems or civil structures.
- Selects and applies engineering techniques and procedures to analyze and evaluate specific problems, data, or other features of the work which are broad in scope and complexity.
- Uses a validation procedure such as ISO-9001
- Oversee Design engineering work including all quality functions in, civil, electrical and mechanical design during construction
- Acts as the designated representative for the Client and coordinates all internal activities performed by the design engineering staff
- Provide design engineering expertise and management oversight for the development and construction of outage construction projects.
- Ensures that all design engineering assigned personnel are coordinating their activities with other project participants, and that requirements of the Contract are being satisfied.
- Responsible for management, preparation, and coordination, and all design engineering technical activities on assigned project
- Provide design engineering expertise and management oversight for the development
- Design electrical or mechanical equipment systems
- Confer with technical personnel to prepare designs or operational plans.
- Monitor processes for compliance with standards
- Review completed construction drawings and cost estimates for accuracy and conformity to standards and regulations.
- Microstation Software knowledge / experience.
- Design - Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Engineering and Technology - Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software — SAP software
- Office suite software — Microsoft Office
- 7+ years experience
- Previous Nuclear experience is required.