The Mechanical Design Engineer will provide fundamental engineering support to develop initial design concepts, component development and qualification, processes and material modifications for sealing applications. The designer will work hands on with customers and internal engineering.
- Individual will use CAD (CATIA V5/Solid Works) to design and draft multi-view mechanical components and assemblies as well as design or re-design production tools and equipment.
- Will use 3-D models to evaluate mechanical performance using mechanical analysis (finite element analysis preferred)
- Will interface with R&D Engineering, Materials Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Senior Design Engineering, Equipment Maintenance and shop personnel.
- Will incorporate Engineering Change Orders (ECO), testing supervision, and perform other tasks as assigned.
- Individual must handle multiple tasks, take initiative, be a team player, problem solver, possess professional and effective communication skills (written and verbal) and have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of EMI shielding.
- Minimum Bachelordegree in mechanical engineering or aerospace engineering
- Minimum 4 years' experience in a design environment.
- 5+ Abaqus experiencerequired.
- CATIA V5 or Solid Works proficiency required.
- Pro-Engineer module knowledge and proficiency.
- FEA – nonlinear experience
- Rate is negotiable depending upon experience level.
- Candidate must be a U.S. citizen