World leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 66,000 employees and serves more than 3,6 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen have been at the core of the company’s activities since its creation in 1902. Air Liquide’s ambition is to be the leader in its industry, delivering long-term performance and acting responsibly.
Entity and activity description
The science of electronics is transforming exponentially through innovation and connectivity around the planet. Every day, breakthroughs are making technologies – from micro-processors, memory chips and flat panels to photovoltaic cells – even smaller and more powerful, opening up countless new possibilities in how the world lives, works and connects. Air Liquide Advanced Materials grows by enabling our customers to innovate. Our ALOHA™ and Voltaix® products are critical to the manufacturer of the newest computer chips required for Big Data and the Internet of Things.
Candidate must have valid employment authorization in the U.S. and must not require visa sponsorship now or in the future. This position is not open for non-immigrant visa sponsorship.
Please click on the link below for additional information regarding Air Liquide Advanced Materials:
Air Liquide Advanced Materials (ALAM)
Located in Branchburg, NJ
This position will be part of the Process Equipment group. The primary focus is to turn P&IDs and Equipment specifications generated by Process Engineering into 3 dimensional Design Package which can be constructed. This will involve significant collaboration with Process Development, Process Engineering, Controls Engineering, Operations and Safety Department. The process equipment group will also work on improvement activities related to commercial chemical manufacturing processes. The Process Equipment group will provide technical insights, leadership, and assist project engineering in implementation of improvement projects.
The secondary focus of this position will be to support the packaging team and serve as a mechanical subject matter expert on packaging. Air Liquide Advanced Materials supplies our customers electronic grade chemicals in advanced packages to our customers. These packages may be designed internally or by customers or vendors. Ideally they will be designed in conjunction with our customers and vendors. These packages need to meet extreme quality demands and provide safe method of transport of our chemistries to our customers, while meeting/exceeding all regulatory requirements.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with the Process Equipment Team, Process Engineering Team, Process Development Team and Project and plant engineering teams to specify, design, develop, design and commission chemical processing equipment, for the next generation of chemicals required for the Electronic and Solar Manufacturers.
- Serve as a Packaging expert providing support for new and existing packages, as well as valves and instruments on those packages. Identify package maintenance strategies and potential improvements to package design.
- Troubleshoot problems in Process equipment and chemical plants
- Improve the safety of existing manufacturing installations
- Identify and implement methods for manufacturing cost reduction in line with business needs
- Provide mechanical and process equipment engineering expertise across various product lines and sites
- Develop practical solutions to complex technical problems, with systematic traceable design methodology.
- Design standard process equipment solutions which have application across the product lines.
- Document and communicate institutional knowledge throughout the organization
- Make quantitative, fact-based decisions
- Direct projects to on time, on budget delivery with required quality
- Participate in the training of maintenance personnel and operations personal for custom equipment.
- Successfully complete all required trainings.
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering of Chemical Engineering with Strong Mechanical Aptitude. Other engineering degrees considered if equipment design experience is ideal.
- 5+ years of Mechanical Design Experience translatable to the design of Process equipment.
Skills & Competencies
- Experience with chemical packaging design.
- Experience with Diaphragm, bellows and packed valves for semiconductor use.
- Experience designing piping and tubing systems.
- Experience designing Manifolds for gas and liquid distribution.
- Ability to do detailed review of mechanical design packages from external contractors.
- Ability to create 3D models using Solidworks, ability to create fabrication drawings from these models.
- Ability to work on tight time schedules.
- Working with internal and external fabricators to ensure that designs are turned into effective equipment.
- In addition to having strong technical knowledge, should demonstrate a safe logical problem solving aptitude.
- Proven track record of delivering on commitments
- Proven ability to lead change, personally adaptable, and able to perform well under pressure and constantly changing priorities
- Solution/outcome oriented in an environment with minimal supervision
- Strong understanding of mechanical engineering fundamentals
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong commitment to Process safety experience is a plus with process hazard analysis leadership; LOPA and HAZOP
- Willingness and discipline to learn how to design systems for use with highly hazardous chemicals at a manufacturing facility
- Ability to learn about fire, building, and electrical codes
- Ability to learn about of ASME codes and CGA standards
- Experience with DOT regulations specifically related to hazardous chemical shipment.