Mechanical Construction Project Manager
11 - 15 years experience • Construction
The Commercial Mechanical Construction Project Manager must be specialized in the areas of hotels, hospitals, and institutional facilities. The Project Manager oversees all aspects of the project and is responsible for managing the project costs, field labor, sub contractors, and a safe on-time completion that is under budget.
- Responsible for managing the installation of HVAC and Plumbing that meet code requirements, budget, and on time installation
- Evaluate estimate and set up job costing system with labor, material and subcontract cost codes.
- Negotiate and prepare vendor and subcontractor purchase orders and evaluate submittals to reflect contract drawing and specifications.
- Conduct monthly reports and cost reviews to catch deviations from a plan or schedule early and keep all participants and stakeholders informed in order to bring the job in on time and under budget.
- Build and maintain strong customer relations with general contractor, sub contractors, vendors, and internal customers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 4 Yr Degree in Construction Management OR applicable field work experience in HVAC and Plumbing
- Minimum 10 yrs verifiable Project Management experience working for a mechanical subcontractor in the areas of commercial HVAC and Plumbing.
- Must have verifiable experience in LARGE ($25M+) heavy commercial construction including high rise hotels, office buildings, hospitals, schools, prisons, etc.