Job Title: Mechanical Construction Project Manager
Summary: University Mechanical is currently seeking an experienced Project Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The Project Manager is responsible for the successful completion of all aspects of the project including:
- Managing the overall operations of the project including: Field labor and productivity, scope management, constructionschedule, client relations, job cost management, cost control of project, schedule of values, change order management, compliance with project specifications, and the performance of daily operations.
- Preparing monthly financial forecasts and updates
- Enforces UMEC Safety Program and coordinates with Safety Director to ensure proper site safety practices and procedures are followed.
- Coordinates purchase of necessary materials, equipment, rentals and services with purchasing department
- Responsible for ensuring complete and proper processing of all project correspondence, records, reports, etc. , and timely submission.
- Comply with all company operating policies, procedures, executed plans, and programs.
- Responsible for directing and overseeing the work activities of their direct reports.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Preferred Education and/or Experience: To perform this job successfully, the individual must have 5-7 years construction work-related experience and/or bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management, and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Able to effectively operate the following computer software programs - Microsoft (Excel, Work, Project, Access, & Powerpoint), Bluebeam Revu PDF editing, and Vista-Viewpoint (Project Management & Accounting Software)
The requirements listed below are representative of characteristics and demonstrated capabilities sought to perform this job successfully.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Must prioritize in a fast-paced multi-task environment.
- Must have demonstrated ability to perform basic business mathematical functions.
- Must work with minimal supervision.
- Must effectively manage time and details.
- Must interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.