As a Mechanical Construction Engineer/Inspector you will have the opportunity to use your MEP expertise on an infrastructure project in New York City. Your work will involve the inspection of building mechanical, plumbing and fire protection systems with some concrete work, structural, electrical, architectural and environmental work. If you possess solid leadership; technical, organizational, and communication skills; and have a proven track record we want to speak with you.
At Arcadis, we want to put people first. We create an environment where all our people can be at their best and we invest in them to build the workforce of the future. Our employees enjoy competitive salaries, medical/dental/vision plans, and a matching 401(k). Arcadis proudly offers flexible work schedules, professional development opportunities, as well as leadership development programs.
As a Mechanical Construction Engineer/Inspector, your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Communicating effectively both verbally and in writing. Verbal communication includes contract staff, Resident Engineer, facility staff both in person and via two-way communications.
- Experience in many types of mechanical construction including mechanical equipment room upgrades and rehabilitation, hot water generators, boilers, breeching, piping installation/replacement/upgrades, water distribution systems, building management systems, HVAC installation and controls, fire alarm upgrades, security system upgrades, pump systems.
- Experienced in various types of contracting methods including lump sum, unit price and net cost.
- Reading plans and specs and preparing written contract administration documentation such as daily narratives (work reports), controlled inspection reports, daily time and material records, and document unit price work.
- Identifying potential extra work issues and keeping Resident Engineer advised of issues.
- Preparing estimates of extra work.
- Preparing related sketches and documentation.
- Reviewing plans for constructability and preparing comments.
- Reviewing contractor payment requests and recommending reasonableness to the Resident Engineer.
- Knowledgeable in contract administration techniques to expedite contract work.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum 10 years' experience inspecting construction work, varied in size (projects ranging from $500K to $5 million plus) and complexity (multiple crews and crew sizes per shift).
- Proficiency necessary in Microsoft software including Word/Excel/Outlook.
- Must be able to work night and weekend shifts.
- Valid Driver's License required.