Bloom faces an unprecedented opportunity to change the world and the way companies utilize energy. We have recently launched a “game changing” solution called “Always on” that will help companies power their primary business operations without disruption with cleaner, more reliable electricity generated on-site with no combustion. We are looking for Mechanical Commodity Manager to join our team in one of today’s most exciting technologies.
The Commodity Manager is responsible to strategically develop and implement mechanical commodity/supply chain strategies for Bloom Energy in order to drive time to market, continuity of supply for Bloom Fuel Cell production and meet cost reduction initiatives
Location: This position will be based on San Jose
Role and Responsibilities:
- Undertakes spend analysis, supplier assessment and supplier
- Develops and implements commodity strategies in line with Product Development and manufacturing initiatives to improve supply chain efficiencies and reduce the total cost of mechanical components in the Fuel Cell.
- Builds should cost models to validate commodity pricing strategies and to understand cost drivers. This includes responsibility for meeting improvement plan targets and year on year cost reductions. Will be responsible for negotiations, contracts with selected suppliers.
- Translate these cost drivers into value engineering projects to drive down cost.
- This individual will manage relationships with suppliers on behalf of Bloom Energy
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Mechanical Engineering required; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 7-10 years in mechanical commodity (such as sheet metal, enclosures, blowers, valves)
- Demonstrated skills in achieving successful negotiation outcomes will be key
- Excellent Program and Project Management Skills
- The ability to distill key information and summarize issues to executives is important
- A good multi-tasker
- Collaborative and team-oriented
- Mandarin Language skills a plus