The Startup MEB/PSF I&C Test Lead Engineer (ITLE) reports to the Startup Test Lead Engineering (STL) and works in conjunction with the MEB/PSF Electrical Test Lead and MEB/PSF Mechanical Test Lead Engineers. The ITLE is responsible for supporting the STL in the implementation and execution of the preoperational test program associated with the UPF Project.
Principle responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supervises assigned test engineers in their day to day work activities
- Reports to the STL technical issues or problems noted during testing,
- Reviews functional acceptance criteria documents,
- Coordinates the development and execution of test instructions, test reports, and administrative documentation,
- Ensures that all testing documentation is completed and submitted to support the project schedule,
- Coordinates the development and performance of test instructions,
- Coordinates with the Startup Turnover Lead, to ensures turnover of jurisdictional control of the system test and turnover boundaries from construction before performing any STG testing activities,
- Supports the STL in developing/maintain engineering system turnover scope markups,
- Supports/Participates in facility/system walk downs
- Coordinates with the Startup Completions Lead, the operation of equipment / system for post preoperational test system operation,
- Coordinates with Construction, craft personnel in support of preoperational test,
- Evaluates completed post Construction or Maintenance work packages for impacts to completed preoperational tests
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited university in Engineering or related field and 9-13 years related experience in startup, nuclear power facility experience, or similar; in lieu of a formal degree, 15-21 years of related experience to include Startup, nuclear power facility experience, DOD / DOE experience or similar
- Must be a US citizen
- Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check which includes verification of employment and education
- Must be able to obtain site security badge and a DOE “Q” Clearance for access to work site
- In-depth knowledge in the areas of and knowledge of principles and practices related to startup testing and commissioning.
- Good knowledge of related construction and engineering practices and the economics involved. Knowledge of industry and regulatory standards, and design criteria.
- Excellent computer skills
- Demonstrated successful experience in planning and scheduling of commissioning activities on a project level. Excellent oral and written communication skills with experience preparing and presenting test procedures and reports.
- Previous experience and knowledge of NS&E Bechtel Startup procedures, programs, and processes.
- Previous experience as a Bechtel Startup (Commissioning) I&C Test Lead Engineer scheduling and performing system checkout and operation.
- Previous commercial nuclear/Department of Energy experience, with NQA-1 requirements supporting an Operational Readiness Review