Measurement Services Technologist
Our client is the largest supplier of antenna measurement systems in the world. Its primary client base is in the telecommunications industry, and includes major wireless carriers, handset manufacturers, antenna vendors, and certification laboratories. The US office supports customers in the Americas. This includes sales, system integration, technical support & maintenance, measurement services, and various other support functions.
The key function of the Measurement Services Technologist is to support the company's Measurement Services, Technical Support, Project Management, and Field Service Departments. The position requires frequent interaction with other engineers currently engaged in Measurement Services, Quality Management and Technical Support.
• Performing measurement services in the US laboratory for external customers, internal investigations, or Quality Management Requirements (proficiency testing, measurements required for uncertainty analysis, etc.).
• The measurement services may be performed on the company's Starlab and SG64 systems, and thus proficiency on all these systems is expected to be developed.
• Reviewing any measurement data obtained for overall integrity, ensuring QA, and preparing any necessary reports or documentation for customers.
• Performing diagnostics and troubleshooting on the company's Measurement Facilities when necessary, including timely identification and remedy of any issues inhibiting the measurement accuracy or overall quality.
• Documentation of the above activities by compiling notes and records of activities and problem encountered, and reporting these on the log book (special setups, issues encountered, and remedies employed to address those issues, etc.)
• Assisting in the procurement, contractual reporting, customer follow-through, and overall management of projects related to Measurement Services.
• Validation and Alpha testing of SW algorithms developed by the company for customer base. Feedback will be provided to the SW development team in order to improve the product and provide the best customer experience possible.
• Assessment of various instrumentation (either developed in-house or commercially available through 3rd party vendors) used in conjunction with our Antennas Measurement Systems (AMS) product line to support commercial market demands.
• Performing basic RF repairs on company equipment, including reading schematics, troubleshooting and interacting with parts suppliers
AUXILIARY DUTIES AS MEASUREMENT SERVICES TECHNOLOGIST
• Provide technical support to customers and Field Service staff (both remote, and possibly even on- site interventions on rare occasions). This support includes software installation and de-bugging, hardware validation and troubleshooting, and customer software license management for the company's SW products.
• Maintain tool and equipment inventories for the Calibration Kits, Measurement Services and Technical Support purposes.
• IT administrative support for office servers and admin staff.
• A basic understanding of RF, antennas and antenna measurements.
• Motivation and aptitude to gain in-depth knowledge is required.
• Good skills and comfort level with computers and software applications.
• Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
• Willingness to cooperate with others and work to the greater good.
• Able to work in a team environment, as well as autonomously.
• Excellent analytical and trouble-shooting skills.
• Responsible, able to manage time effectively and work efficiently, both with and without direct supervision.
• Ability to learn the inner workings of company products, systems, applications and current operating systems.
• Should have good computer skills, and a sound knowledge of MS Windows and MS Office.
• Knowledge in Radio Frequency and Antenna fields is a plus. Metrology and/or Antenna Measurement experience valued.
• Experience with network analyzers, spectrum analyzers and wireless communication protocols and test instruments preferred.
• 2-5 years' experiencepreferred.
COMPENSATION & LOCATION
The position will be based out of Marietta, GA. This role is full-time and available for immediate hire. A meaningful compensation and relocation package will be developed for the successful candidate.
*To apply, please submit your resume to Derek Bush – email@example.com