Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Corning's Manufacturing, Technology and Engineering division (MTE) is recognized as the leader in engineering excellence & innovative manufacturing technologies by providing diverse skills to Corning’s existing & emerging businesses.
We anticipate & provide timely, valued, leading edge manufacturing technologies and engineering expertise. We partner with Corning’s businesses and the Science & Technology division. Together we create and sustain Corning’s manufacturing as a differential advantage.
Scope of Position:
Develop and deploy state of the art measurement and inspection systems, lead project teams to develop industrial inspection systems, develop and execute measurement/inspection strategy for new product development.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
Engage with internal customers to assess and forecast project needs. Write detailed project scope and requirements documents, and develop strategy, project plans and roadmaps. Develop measurement and inspection methods and systems, assemble and lead teams to do the same. Work in a lab environment, individually as a team member and as a project team leader to develop hardware, software, tools, and techniques for measurement and inspection purposes, from experimental/proof of concept to robust systems for early manufacturing.
* Project dependent, up to 25%.
Hours of work/work schedule/flextime:
* Standard Hours are M-F, 8-5. flex time is supported
*MS – Engineering Physics, Physics, ElectricalEngineering, or equivalent, +
Required Years and Area of Experience:
* >10 years of experience in the following fields:
- Development of measurement/inspection systems for manufacturing
- System integration
- Project/Program management
- Project planning and management
- Process development
- Experimental planning, documentation, and reporting
- Systems engineering and systems integration
- Strategy development and execution
- Knowledge and skills in use of x-ray CTtechnologyfor manufacturing
- Familiarity with matrix organizations and management structure
- Able to present/sell concepts to internal customers (strong presentation skills)
- Able to interact effectively with customers, management, and staff (strong interpersonal skills)
- Creative problem-solving
- Additional relevant hands-on areas of expertise, for example:
- Vision system development
- Optical and laser inspection, optical setups and alignment
- Optical design & modeling
- IR, THz, microwave imaging
- Statistics, data analytics
- Non-destructive testing
- Motion systems and controls
- Data management, databases
- Software development
- Electronic design and testing (analog / digital)
- Process controls , automation (PLC)
- Laser processing
- Glass/ceramics science, materials science
- Mechanical design
Req #: 4988