owns and operates one of the largest and most diversified portfolios of energy assets in the United States, with a strategic footprint in all of the major domestic production basins. ET is a publicly traded limited partnership with core operations that include complementary natural gas midstream, intrastate and interstate transportation and storage assets; crude oil, natural gas liquids (NGL) and refined product transportation and terminalling assets; NGL fractionation; and various acquisition and marketing assets. ET also owns Lake Charles LNG Company.
- Monitors and analyze incoming gas volume and gas quality data to assure accuracy and completeness and make necessary edits to the data as needed.
- Work closely with SCADA support team, communications techs, measurement techs, and external customers to resolve missing data issues.
- Responsible for estimating/editing custody transfer data that cannot be recovered using historical data, flow patterns and measurement experience. This could also include working with field personnel and/or external customers.
- Working directly with customers and other departments to resolve measurement related issues. This sometimes involves negotiating with the parties to insure consensus of the final outcome is achieved.
- Responsible for reviewing 15-minute, hourly and/or daily gas volume data from meters to identify and correct erroneous, invalid, and questionable data, to insure the most accurate measurement data is made available to Commercial and billing departments.
- Responsible for the setup of new meters in the measurement system, based upon contractual terms and SCADA configuration reports.
- Using knowledge of natural gas properties, and historical data, evaluates and edits as necessary incoming gas chromatograph data to assure that it is accurate and representative of the gas stream analyzed.
- Reviews and approves incoming gas sample analysis data from outside laboratories. Coordinates with the field on resolving sample issues and works with producers on sample related issues
- Generate, analyze and distribute various reports needed to evaluate and ensure the accuracy of measurement data.
- Evaluates incoming “third party” measurement data and assures it’s within acceptable limits with check measurement data, where applicable. Works with the customer and field on discrepancies and coordinates the resolution.
- Develops and provides data related to various data requests relating to assigned meters, segments and quality, made by internal departments as well as external customers.
- Maintains, analyzes reports, and troubleshoots physical pipeline L&U balances based upon information compiled from pipeline operations, field measurement operations, and commercial.
- Evaluates incoming meter test data (TechTools/TestIt) to determine if a current or prior period adjustment is required by the contract and then determines the course of action required.
- Uses advanced measurement knowledge and troubleshooting tools to perform Prior Period Adjustments, creating the required documentation for SOX controls and accounting settlements.
- Provides support, guidance, and training for less experienced measurement analysts.
- Maintains detailed records of all work performed including data edits and system configuration changes to ensure compliance with all company SOX controls.
- Coordinates the monthly close process, assuring compliance with SOX controls, and in conjunction with Marketing and IT insure that data has been successfully transferred to downstream accounting systems.
- Troubleshoots and resolves data exchange issues when transferring TechTools/TestIT data.
- Maintain customer relations with third party customers.
- 6+ years as a Measurement Analyst or other applicable position with responsibility for the analytical review of gas measurement data.
- College degree or experience in lieu of degree.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel (database lookups, multi-scale graphs, pivot tables)
- Mastery of Flow-Cal and/or PGAS at a level consistent with supporting and training new users.
- Mastery of TestIT and/or TechTools server and laptop applications.
- Proficiency with flow computer software (WinCCU, RocLink and others) for converting files and validating data.
- Proficiency with Cygnet, AES, or Universal Server SCADA/Polling user interfaces.
- Office level proficiency with MS Outlook
- This position is in an office environment
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet