The Teleflex Interventional Project Manager is responsible for project management to facilitate full compliance with the new European Union Medical Device Regulation (EU MDR). The PM will translate strategic objectives to actions and deliverables through methodical planning, executing and controlling projects from start to finish. The PM will take project ownership while guiding teams through execution, The PM ensures consistent and compliant practices throughout all phases of the project life cycle and across functional teams. The exceptional PM will cultivate a strong and positive team culture to improve the business and the prospects of each project team member.
- Partner with MDR Business Unit Leads and Teams to ensure a harmonized approach for achieving compliance to EU MDR.
- Develop, plan, communicate, deploy and manage project schedules.
- Maintain project governance
- Effectively lead and drive project teams in a collaborative environment, completing project deliverables per target timelines and requirements.
- Monitor project budgets, directing the efficient use of resources to effectively complete projects.
- Lead project-related activities of project team members, providing guidance on conformance to established design control procedures.
- Coordinate and facilitate weekly meetings, action items, and follow-up with subject matter experts on expected deliverables
- Prepare project summary reports, develop project plans, identify risk and communicate mitigation activities.
- Present project status to Management regularly.
- Communicate effectively with executive sponsors and steering committee members to ensure clear expectations, demonstrate progress and identify issues and countermeasures.
- Partner cross-functionally in business gating process for projects under their responsibility
- Negotiate and resolve conflicts and drive decisions among team / functional members to accomplish project and business goals.
- Define and communicate project resource requirements and negotiate with functional managers to obtain resources necessary to support assigned programs.
- Adhere to all regulatory agency standards, company quality standards and corporate policies.
- Cultivate a high performing work team culture among project core teams.
Education / Experience Requirements
- BS in technical discipline or equivalent education/experience required
- 5 years of demonstrated experience in project management or project engineering working in a technical discipline, medical device and/or engineering preferred.
- Minimum 2 years project management experience in the medical device and/or FDA regulated industry
- PMP certified is desirable; at a minimum proficiency with design control standards is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Project, Powerpoint
Specialized Skills / Other Requirements
- Must have advanced-level project management and process improvement skills.
- Strong influence management skills. Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively at all levels in a matrix organization to build and maintain the positivie relationships required to accomplish project goals.
- Excellent verbal/ written communication and presentation skills. Demonstrated ability to succinctly and accurately communicate to various levels of management and across the organization
- Ability to support multiple projects and balance priorities, work independently or collaboratively to determine and develop solutions
- MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint
- Exceptional facilitation, analytical, planning, organization and time management skills to effectively execute project plans
- Excellent decision-making skills. Ability to negotiate and balance decisions and manage competing priorities across multiple functional areas