Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The MDM Capability Owner is responsible for the further development, implementation and management of Shire’s Master Data Management systems. This is a highly visible role that will interact with all levels of the organization. This professional will be responsible for the maintenance and development of a scalable MDM platform. Outside of enhancements to the platform itself, the MDM Capability Owner will also be responsible for ensuring Shire’s MDM platform meet security standards as well as legal, compliance, and quality requirements.
- Manage the ongoing platform releases (internal development and vendor releases) and implementation of MDM business capabilities, technologies, and related infrastructure.
- Manage MDM environment (internal and external) and user licenses.
- Lead MDM platform life cycle management across enterprise based on current and future business capabilities
- Utilize enterprise principles in building quality platforms either by leveraging custom components or commercial solutions.
- Collaborate with Commercial functions in leveraging the MDM platform to enable effective Commercial Master Data Management; work with IT Functions, Commercial Operations, Marketing, and Business leaders to identify opportunities for enhanced engagement.
- Evolve the operations and support model, increasing capability and reducing cost
- Manage MDM platform budget and vendors
Education and Experience Requirements :
- B.A. or B.S./M.S. in Computer Science, Information Systems, or relevant discipline
- 4+ years of experience implementing MDM solutions at an enterprise level.
- Experience in pharmaceutical industry required particularly in a Commercial function
- Enterprise experience delivering commercial master data management capabilities utilizing internal teams and distributed groups.
- Experience translating technical information in to easy-to-understand business concepts.
- Expert level understanding of Master Data Management systems and infrastructure.
- Experience / Certifications with MDM Informatica preferred.
- Ability to lead strategic and operational projects and implement advanced commercial solutions or improvements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong presentation, facilitation, negotiation, collaboration and communication ability
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational, follow-up, strategic, critical and innovative thinking, problem solving and analytical skills
- Team player; open minded, creative thinker
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and critically assess pertinent information
- Ability to rapidly understand strategic objectives and create robust application solutions
- Capable of working effectively under pressure in a multi-cultural environment, at any level of the organization, with a variety of stakeholders.
Req ID: R0020336