The MD Process Specialist (property) is responsible for the analysis and management of our existing MD processes while working with the Sr. Manager, MD Process Leader to identify areas for improvement, refinement and new development.
- Develops material damage processes and workflows that meet the needs of the company, department, and branches.
- Manages and maintains the library of MD process documentation and works to ensure they are easy to understand and available to our claims staff in the most effective format.
- Monitors national, regional and local performance against established material damage metrics standards.
- Oversees the ongoing analysis around their assigned area, including (but not limited to) Estimatics, E-Star, Parts, Rental, Towing, Property, Glass, Total Loss and Salvage
- Partners with field management and front line associates to solicit feedback and document areas needing analysis.
- Partners with Training Department to create and deliver programs that support MD Process
- Supports all phases of projects assigned from design to implementation.
- Ensures adherence to all department of insurance regulations, setting process and procedure.
- Participates in the establishment of department goals and for implementing procedures and performance standards to achieve these goals; manages, coordinates, monitors and evaluates the activities of department staff directly or through subordinate managers.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and leadership skills, able to work well under deadlines in a changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently.
- Demonstrated ability to manage relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and within a collaborative team oriented environment using sound judgment in decision-making.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written with strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) and claims related software programs including automated estimate programs required.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge in material damage handling.
- Able to visually communicate results of complex analyses to non-technical audiences
- Ability to complete root cause analysis, problem solve and develop plans and best practices.
- Must be able to travel approximately 50%
Experience / Education:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, and/or equivalent education required.
- 7 years total loss/salvage, propertty damage and/or other relevant claims experience.
- Appraisal, Total Loss or Process Management experience.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: Representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to operate a PC and sit for extended periods of time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.