The MD Process Specialist is responsible for the analysis and management of our existing MD processes while working with the Sr. Manager ? MD Process Leader to identify areas for improvement, refinement and new development.
- Develops material damage processes and workflows that meet the needs of the company, department, and branches.
- Manages and maintains the library of MD process documentation and works to ensure they are easy to understand and available to our claims staff in the most effective format.
- Monitors national, regional and local performance against established material damage metrics standards.
- Oversees the ongoing analysis around their assigned area, including (but not limited to) Estimatics, E-Star, Parts, Rental, Towing, Property, Glass, Total Loss and Salvage
- Partners with field management and front line associates to solicit feedback and document areas needing analysis.
- Partners with Training Department to create and deliver programs that support MD Process
- Supports all phases of projects assigned from design to implementation.
- Ensures adherence to all department of insurance regulations, setting process and procedure.
- Participates in the establishment of department goals and for implementing procedures and performance standards to achieve these goals; manages, coordinates, monitors and evaluates the activities of department staff directly or through subordinate managers.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and leadership skills, able to work well under deadlines in a changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently.
- Demonstrated ability to manage relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and within a collaborative team oriented environment using sound judgment in decision-making.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written with strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) and claims related software programs including automated estimate programs required.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge in material damage handling.
- Able to visually communicate results of complex analyses to non-technical audiences
- Ability to complete root cause analysis, problem solve and develop plans and best practices.
- Must be able to travel approximately 50%
- Bachelor?s degree in a related field, and/or equivalent education required.
- 7 years total loss/salvage, auto damage and/or other relevant claimsexperience.
- Appraisal, Total Loss or Process Management experience.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: Representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to operate a PC and sit for extended periods of time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.