Create and coordinate the implementation of new or improved manufacturing processes. Responsible for various engineering assignments ranging from feasibility studies to the introduction of designs and drawings to Manufacturing. A liaison to coordinate activities of Engineering and Manufacturing Departments.
- Act as a key leader in identifying, proposing solutions, and solving quality problems as identified by our internal and external customers.
- Analyze, develop, and recommend both design and process changes necessary to meet production requirements for new products.
- Analyze existing processes as well as initiate and develop new methods in order to reduce waste and improve quality.
- Determine from part drawings and related engineering data the equipment requirements and operations necessary for the fabrication and assembly of product.
- Develop and write standard operating procedures for each new operation.
- Oversees the maintenance department; including managing team members and both proactive and reactive maintenance (completion of Preventive Maintenance (PM’s) and prioritizing project work orders)
- Coordinate the implementation of engineering change order requests for all related work cells.
- Coordinate and lead all efforts involved with external contractors in regards to facility improvements and/or equipment moves.
- Be flexible to go to night shift to troubleshoot any process or product changes that may differentiate from the original plan.
- Manage and maintain a current plant layout via AutoCAD.
- Generate work orders, track progress and follow up as needed.
- Order and source parts as needed for the completion maintenance tasks.
- Work with production supervisors, production personnel and maintenance personnel to ensure the facility and equipment is operating safely and efficiently.
- Administer the consistent and equitable application of company policies.
- Ensure all work is performed and completed in conformance with any related codes, guidelines or standards established by a manufacturer or regulating body.
- Ensure follow up work is completed as needed to keep facility and equipment in good working order.
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Experience
- 5+ years of related experience in manufacturing/engineering environment.
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing processes and waste removal
- High degree of analytical and problem solving skills
- Team player / Professional / Approachable
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
- Possess strong written, verbal, and communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Ability to serve as a project or kaizen team leader
- Demonstrated facilitation skills in small and large group settings
- Seek input from the shop floor associates on changes or improvements
- Ability to challenge and give candid feedback in regards to process changes
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Working knowledge of PLC programming
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office applications, AutoCAD, Knowledge of AutoCAD, GAGEpack and Inventor Pro.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent required.