FMC Corporation is a leading specialty company focused on agricultural and lithium technologies. We are proud that our products help grow the world's food, improve health and contribute to a more sustainable energy supply.
FMC is a globally diverse organization that offers its employees exciting opportunities to work on challenging projects that are important to the achievement of our strategic objectives. Your education and professional experience are valued and put to use from day one. Your success at completing key initiatives can result in a varied, progressive and fulfilling career with FMC.
With a corporate culture of innovation, integrity, responsibility and customer intimacy, we foster “The Right Chemistry” in everything we do. We are looking for people to join us in creating, developing, and improving our products, our processes, and our markets. If you are ready to make a difference every day, FMC is ready to talk to you.
Trade of Crop Protection Product treated commodities is global and dynamic. Existing pesticide regulations are constantly evolving. Growers, Commodity Groups, Processors and Exporters are becoming very savvy regarding import tolerances as a potential trade barrier, resulting in decisions on the selection of Crop Protection Products being based on whether Maximum Residue Limits (MRLs) or Import Tolerances (ITs) are available in key importing countries.
- To ensure FMC and customers’ needs are addressed, the MRL Strategy Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Support the Global Regulatory Affairs function and the business in developing MRL strategy for key assets and uses globally.
- Support marketing and sales in addressing customer questions and needs as it relates to MRLs.
- Evaluate business projects to assess their completeness regarding trade and import tolerance needs to support successful launches.
- Develop and implement the priorities and strategy for addressing Korean MRLs based on their recent regulatory requirement changes.
- Conduct MRL evaluations to identify MRL/IT needs for existing assets and uses globally.
- Conduct trade mapping to identify key trading countries for FMC assets and uses.
- Represent FMC at MRL/IT meetings with industry, regulators, and grower groups/processors.
- Redefine the FMC MRL/IT Process and Standards to ensure compliance.
- Train AgSolutions staff as necessary regarding MRL/ITs, trade and the MRL/IT Process.
- Understand, keep abreast and maintain a repository of current and future global MRL regulations, including identification of those with default values or accepting Codex or other country MRLs.
- Maintain an MRL Master Database of planned and submitted MRL/IT petitions, tracking and providing update to the business.
- Address trade and business implications resulting from reduction of MRLs to default in one region on other regions.
- Oversight of FMC residue trials and resulting MRLs globally with a view to leveraging resources and developing consolidated IT submission requests.
- BSc/MSc/PhD or equivalent experience in technical fields relating to pesticides i.e., residues.
- Minimum 5-8years experience in pesticide registration and/or residues.
- In depth knowledge of pesticide regulations as they apply to residues and MRLs.
- Understanding of Secondary Standards and their implications for customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Analytically strong with an attention to detail.
- Ability to travel20% of the time.