What can Wolfspeed do for you?
- The world runs on power and our SiC wide bandgap semiconductors far outperform conventional silicon components and set new standards for efficiency and reliability
- Join the company that is a global leader in the manufacturing of 4H Silicon Carbide (SiC) substrates, SiC and III-Nitride epitaxial wafers.
- Be part of the team that has long proven expertise in SiC and GaN materials technology advancement with the focus and commitment to bring high quality solution platforms across all applications
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Lead research within the SiC applied scientific field that involves development and design work.
- Develop SiC processes that are well understood and manufacturable
- Implement innovative solutions to SiC technology problems and create opportunities to enhance technical methodology through expansion of existing or development of new efforts.
- Develop project plans, technical approaches, timelines and deliverables for assigned projects.
- Work on several projects, simultaneously and deliver results in complete ownership within a 24x7 manufacturing environment.
- Work to establish practices which include employees’ positive involvement with opportunity for constructive input and action.
- Establish accountability for problem solving both on a permanent and ad-hoc basis, depending on need.
What you need for success
- PhD in Applied Materials, Chemical, Ceramics or Physical Science with engineering degree
- Strong process understanding
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Independent thinking, attention to detail, strong organizational and planning abilities
- Statistical data analysis skills and experience
- Design of experiments and data interpretation skills
- Willingness to provide a “hands on” approach
- Strong leadership skills, high energy, self motivated attitude with an ability to work constructively with a team of manufacturing personnel, engineers and technicians
- Self-starter with “whatever it takes” attitude
Highly preferred skills and certifications
- Knowledge in SiC and related materials
- Hands on mechanical experience
- Bulk or epitaxial crystal growth experience