Materials Project Manager
- Leads overall materials planning strategy development, deployment and related performance in alignment with one, or multiple, business units.
- Collaborates with manufacturing plants, business units and other supply chain functions, deploying materials planning strategies, as well as, leading key process improvement projects across areas of inventory planning, customer service, supply network planning and global planning processes. Key focus areas include, but are not limited to: analyzes, plans and implements process improvement needs;
- Evaluates and models existing processes; Organizes, leads and facilitates cross-functional projects;
- Develops metrics that provide data for process management and indicators for future improvement opportunities;
- Collects data to identify root cause to problems; Measures performance against process requirements, aligning improvement projects to close performance shortfalls;
- Identifies and manages resources, including cross-functional members, to successfully execute projects;
- Deploys plans from conception through to close; Delivers presentations and training courses including measurement, analysis, improvement and control.
Leverages APICS theory and lean toolset to drive world class solutions.
EOE, M/F/Disabled, Vet
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Operations Research, or Operations Management.
- A minimum of six years of experience in supply chain, with a focus in areas such as materials management, inventory planning strategies, production & master production scheduling, demand planning.
- Working knowledge of ERP systems is essential, preferably SAP.
- Travel, up to 15%, including the possibility of international travel.
- Teleconferences, or other meeting requirements, outside of normal work hours, as necessary.
- Mentoring of manufacturing facility or other team members.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other employees.
- Proven project management experience in a complex manufacturing and supply chain environment.
- Demonstrated experience and results in driving process improvement and change across a global organization
- Strong skills in excel, Powerpoint, Visio, Power BI, and problem solving/root cause analysis tools like DMAIC. Six Sigma green/belt certification preferred.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
Proven leadership and change management skills to drive improvements.
- Master’s Degree or MBA.
- APICS Certification.
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt.
- Supply chain Modeling / Optimization Skills.
- Strong team leader/contributor, comfortable in leading cross functional and multi-cultural teams
Proficient in dealing with language and cultural barriers