TE Connectivity's Materials Planning Teams are responsible for the plans, schedules, and monitoring of the movement of material through the production cycle. They determine quantity and order date for materials to meet production or engineering schedules, initiate purchase or production requisitions compliant with supply agreements, and develop the schedule to be used in the production facility based on forecasts and historical analysis. The Team develops specifications for new contract orders as well as forecasts and plans for labor requirements. They provide timely and accurate input on supplier performance and may be asked to participate in higher level supplier performance reviews with the strategic sourcing team. They also monitor cost, schedule and scope of assigned subcontracts to assure best quality at best value.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Create, develop, and own the masterschedule for the site.
- Develop, grow, and improve the SIOP process for the Hampton site.
- Partner with Marketing and Sales to drive forecast visibility and improved site demand visibility to the operations team.
- Lead the site SIOP reviews with upper leadership by preparing metrics and delivering guidance on gaps and opportunities to meet customer requirements.
- Integrate and mature site inventory metrics into the S&OP process
- Support and participate in continuous improvement activities
- Support the site MOS requirements of the P&E team.
- Assist in identifying, resolving and finding root cause of planning issues using appropriate problem solving techniques
- Analyzes Pull System and MRP reports, using data to make decisions and to take actions to satisfy internal and external customer requirements.
- Analyze material supply requirements and plant capacity data to determine the capability to achieve desired objectives.
- Assist the team in planning and understanding capacity constraints, planning strategies, and demand fluctuations.
- Execute plans by coordinating supply chain elements resulting in on-time delivery of finished products and materials while satisfying inventory turns and target levels.
- Coordinates with Purchasing, Production Manager and customer service to communicate the deliveries schedules to the customer based on material and production availability and established priorities and Sales objectives.
- Participates as a member of the leadership team, representing the planning and execution team at tier meetings and other functional meetings.
- Other administrative tasks as required
- Bachelor’s Degree (MBA desired)
- 5-7 years related experience
- 3-5 years experience with S&OP Process
- 3-5 years experience with Purchasing and Master Scheduling Processes
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to be a team player
- Proficiency with all MS Office Programs
- General knowledge of ERP/MRP systems
- Self motivated; ability to multi task and react quickly to changing requirements
- Familiar with Supply Chain & Inventory Control concepts and terminology
- Good decision making skills - ability to think independently and analyze scenarios
- Proven ability to make decisive planning judgements to satisfy supply objectives, using creative problem solving techniques