Plan, direct, and coordinate the storage and distribution of materials maintaining the accuracy of inventory levels.
- Develop, implement and evaluate policies and procedures designed to improve the organization's ability to receive, store, distribute and ship goods and materials in the most efficient, cost-effective manner possible.
- Implement and evaluate inventory control measures to ensure inventories are at optimal levels and are fully supportive of scheduled production.
- Continuously monitor and manage usage, on-hand inventory levels to include work-in-progress inventory and finished goods inventory levels as well as projected deliveries to insure the timely filling of orders and the maintenance of safety stock. Reports discrepancies and initiates corrective actions as needed.
- Analyze inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or optimize materials' availability.
- Monitor ERP inventory control system to direct the management of inventory levels and develop and apply metrics in accordance with strategic priorities to meet established performance targets. Reconciles discrepancies between physical inventories, cycle counts and data listed in the inventory control system.
- Actively monitor warehousing and distribution procedures evaluating efficiencies, championing adoption of "best practices" to enhance cost effectiveness and improve responsiveness.
- Manage the obsolete/surplus inventory program.
- Drive MRB and processing of discrepant materials reports.
- Lead, coach, train, develop and evaluate materials team members in all aspects of material flow. Ensures compliance with safety programs.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in appropriate discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in materials
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership role
- In-depth knowledge of ERP systems – Oracle preferred
- Good Analytical and Math knowledge
- Leadership and mentorship
- Skilled in problem solving/systems analysis
- Excellent oral and written communications and interpersonal skills