Job Summary: Manage all aspects of division materials management in relation to the support of Reynosa Operations such a manner to optimize division operational and financial objectives.
Duties, Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Manage masterscheduling, purchasing, inventory management, production planning, information systems and functions in such a manner to support production plan and EPO projects.
- Develop accurate production forecasts based upon known customer and marketing information.
- Conduct major materials activities in such a manner to supply just in time at favorable price, quality and quantity, within established company policy.
- Manage all inventories assuring minimal levels are on hand at all times. Make decision pertaining to obsolete, scrap and write-off, etc.
- Continually evaluate automated systems and procedures to increase effectiveness of materials functions.
- Assure requiredreports and records are prepared and maintained on time and accurately.
- Perform internal advisory functions to other key managers on pertinent material management related issues.
- Oversee and ensure that proper production control planning and scheduling programs meet sales forecasts while working with the Reynosa team to balance manpower and capacity requirements.
- Develop and manage purchasing activity to ensure effective, yet ethical relationships are developed with vendors. Support the Reynosa Facility and meeting the requirements to maintain the ISO: 9001 and the IATF:16949 registrations in the Supplier selection, development and monitoring.
- Develop, establish and monitor the maintenance of detailed materials related reporting and tracking systems that relate to the overall business status.
- Coordinate activities of the Data Management group to ensure integrity within our MRP system.
- Keeps abreast of industry developments, pricing, margins, trends, etc., which affect company performance.
- Ensures proper contact with internal and external customers relating to releases and delivery.
- Support of all SMP Supply Chain Management initiatives.
- Complete all other assigned projects as necessary.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent knowledge and experience, 10 years of related Materials experience in Production Control, Inventory Control, Purchasing and or Distribution. JDE ERP Software Knowledge a plus. APICS certification/training preferred.