Siemens Intelligent Traffic Solutions is seeking to hire a Materials Manager to ensure the correct level of inventory is available to meet business requirements for product, project and service orders. In this role, you will lead and enforce material handling processes, which include conducting annual physical inventory and ensuring effective collaboration between all stakeholders in the local supply chain (ie. Tactical buyers, Warehouse coordinators, Manufacturing, Quality, Operations Managers, Project Managers, Service Account Managers and Technicians).
You would be the direct line supervisor for the Tactical Buyer and Warehouse Coordinators based in CA, TX, and MA. This position oversees all tactical procurement and warehouse responsibilities to ensure a smooth workflow and compliance with the established procedures and protocols listed below.
General Management of Storage locations
- Functional responsibility for the management of assigned storage locations, keeping a clean, well-organized warehouse for all forms of material.
- Proper management of local service and emergency inventory at assigned depots/plants/locations.
- Organize and support the monthly cycle count, working closely with manufacturing logistics personnel and warehouse coordinators to determine root cause in cycle counting procedure.
- Maintain proper safety processes, equipment, and appropriate access at inventorylocations to meet established safety regulations.
- Act as the key contact between the centralized warehouse and the depot locations.
- Establish and ensure appropriate re-order inventory levels for storage locations based on consumption, package size, lead time and pricing information. Upload and maintain through SAP safety stock levels in the MRP view of the material master.
- Work with Finance, Service Account Managers, Technicians, Buyers, and Warehouse Coordinators to reduce inventory value through selling, scrapping and utilization of existing materials at other depots.
- Work with manufacturing to ensure required material is in stock to meet delivery requirements for product orders.
- Establish and implement security practices to avoid loss and/or indisposition of inventory assets during and after business hours. Effectively manage and track usage of tools and field equipment.
SAP Transactions and Maintenance
- Ensure proper SAP system transactions are entered for all inventory movement from main stock, service vehicles and depot locations for accurate and proper count of inventory at all times.
- Create and maintain material numbers in the SAP material master, and collaborate with Engineering to ensure modifications to the bills of materials are completed accurately.
- Work with Strategic Procurement to ensure proper vendor information and source records in the SAP process are maintained.
- Oversees the creation, maintenance and reconciliation of purchase orders within SAP to ensure delivery and payments are executed for project, service and product materials.
- Implement mandatory procedures for material transactions, including communications and training of Local Field Staff.
- Coordinate Returned Material Authorization (RMA) to the appropriate location with appropriate documentation for products, projects and service materials.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- 5-8years of successful experience in a directly related field and successful demonstration of Responsibilities and Knowledge as described above.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of supervisory approaches for work direction, motivation, performance management, and disciplinary action.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate personnel who are working in remote locations.
- Ability to effectively collaborate and influence a broad spectrum of stakeholders.
- Experience working in SAP at both a structural and transactional level, with the ability to guide others in the organization as needed.
Requisition Number: 223307