Less than 5 years experience • Manufacturing / Plastics
JOB TITLE: Materials Manager
REPORTS TO: Plant Manager
The Materials Manager is responsible for the Materials, Purchasing, Warehouse/Inventory Control, Material Handling, and Scheduling functions for the manufacturing facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Use MRP reports and “pull” inventory concepts to plan and manage raw material, WIP, and finished goods inventory levels, establish production requirements, and oversee scheduling of molding and secondary operations, .
- Oversee the procurement process, ensuring proper inventory loads, process compliance and pricing.
- Produce schedules necessary for all manufacturing operations, facilitating flow materials.
- Oversee material handling and raw material, finished goods warehouse functions.
- Using “pull” concepts, maintain inventory at optimal levels
- Perform cycle counts and annual physical inventory for raw materials and finished goods. Periodically review inventory obsolescence.
- Provide Plant Manager with specified month end inventory, variance, and premium freight reports.
- Investigate RM and FG inventory level discrepancies when needed.
- Perform Bill of Material and internal ISO audits
- Spearhead Corrective Actions on any supplier rejected/non-conforming product.
- Supervise the Buyer/Backup Scheduler, Receiving Clerk and Scheduler.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management (or related discipline) and/or APICS certification preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ materials management/supply chain and scheduling experience in a manufacturing environment required.
- Strong understanding of pull inventory management concepts and experience using ERP/MRP planning systems.
- Ability to apply strong planning, organizational and leadership skills in a hands-on, fast-paced environment.
- Experience in purchasing required.
- Problem solving methodology desired.
- Computer literate with MRP system/software experience required.
- Must be US Citizen or Perm Resident