Our client is a $500MM manufacturing division that needs an individual with strong leadership abilities and a collaborative hands-on style. Demonstrated progression in previous supply chain roles is a must. The experienced and successful candidate that we seek will supervise and direct professional and office support staff while overseeing our MRP planning and buying activities as well as collaborate with the strategic sourcing and inventory management needs in a large plant environment. The Materials Manager will be a leader in the upfront engineering efforts within the supply chain and will direct buyers, negotiate sourcing requirements for raw materials, and work to meet services, facilities and indirect requirements for the plant. This person will also be responsible for providing quarterly score cards on KPI's relative to on time delivery, quality and service metrics.
Bachelors degrees from recognized university with MBA preferred.
- Experience in buying and planning for both make to order and make to stock
- Minimum 8 years experience in Supply Chain in Manufacturing Plant ( preferred automotive) ; experience in metal, machining, stampings, castings and assembly preferred.
- ERP/MRP systems experience with buying, planning and inventory modules. Experience and results/success with lean projects.
- Minimum 5 years as a Materials Manager position (Automotive experience preferred) with a minimum spend 7 direct reports.
- Minimum 3 years using ERP system in a Make to Stock and ?Make-to-Order? environment with experience in Purchasing, Planning and BOM modules.
- Lean certification with greenbelt miinimum
- Minimum 2 years experience with sourcing castings, ferrous and metallic metals).